Friday 5 May 2017

Sharing experiences
How important is planning !
         The idea of becoming a member of this global community is very tempting and exciting. Getting my students connected beyond boundaries has always been one of my teaching objectives.
       For that reason when I recently joined the etwinning community I was overwhelmed by the idea that I’ve finally done it. I kept saying to  myself that was  the time to get started”.
        So, without giving myself the appropriate time to  familiarize with the different aspects of etwinning and  be equipped, I threw myself into an Etwinning_ Plus project that I’ve suggested. What has encouraged me is that I’ve  quickly found a partner (1 partner because I didn’t know how to deal with more than that)  and got the approval of the community. I was sure that I was doing the things the way they should be done which was wrong.
        Indeed, I was missing a lot and I found myself unable to find the time to get trained  and then  practice what I learned  to make the project a  success . For a project to be a success one has to plan, organize, set objectives for every single step of it and work in collaboration with partners to fulfil them.
        Sad to say that because of that luck of organization, training, patience from my side, the project had to stop halfway.
      Now, I feel sorry for my students  who devoted their time and energy to do interesting activities. I’m trying my best to  share them  with other etwinners. Maybe this way  my studnets would  feel and know how proud of them I am.  Add the that, my partner and I were  unable to come up with collaborative activities though we exchanged interesting ones but we never put them into practice.
           I’m sharing my experience to highlight the importance of collaborating with partner(s) and planning before, while and after projects.


1 comment:

  1. What a shame! This is one of my fears, too. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete